Pancreatic fistula after central pancreatectomy: case series and review of the literature
- 医学院－已发表论文 
BACKGROUND: Postoperative pancreatic fistula is one of the most common complications after pancreatectomy. This study aimed to assess the occurrence and severity of pancreatic fistula after central pancreatectomy. METHODS: The medical records of 13 patients who had undergone central pancreatectomy were retrospectively studied, together with a literature review of studies including at least five cases of central pancreatectomy. Pancreatic fistula was defined and graded according to the recommendations of the International Study Group on Pancreatic Fistula (ISGPF). RESULTS: No death was observed in the 13 patients. Pancreatic fistula developed in 7 patients and was successfully treated non-operatively. None of these patients required re-operation. A total of 40 studies involving 867 patients who underwent central pancreatectomy were reviewed. The overall pancreatic fistula rate of the patients was 33.4% (0-100%). Of 279 patients, 250 (89.6%) had grade A or B fistulae of ISGPF and were treated non-operatively, and the remaining 29 (10.4%) had grade C fistulae of ISGPF. In 194 patients, 15 (7.7%) were re-operated upon. Only one patient with grade C fistula of ISGPF died from multiple organ failure after re-operation. CONCLUSION: Despite the relatively high occurrence, most pancreatic fistulae after central pancreatectomy are recognized a grade A or B fistula of ISGPF, which can be treated conservatively or by mini-invasive approaches.